DRIVER FRIENDLY DOT PHYSICAL EXAM IN Edina MN
Department of Transportation physicals are never fun, but when you choose the right examiner to perform your physical, you'll have a stress-free exam from a practitioner who truly cares about your well-being. We offer DOT physical exams in Edina MN.
DOT Physical Exams in Edina MN
At Romanie Health Services, the needs of the patient are always put first, so if you're looking for a DOT physical in Edina MN, you’ve come to the right place. Not only will you get a thorough exam from a certified examiner, but you'll also learn how to make healthier choices for a more balanced life.
- DOT driver exams: As part of our dedication to comprehensive patient care, Romanie Health Services offers DOT exams for commercial driver’s licenses and physicals for drivers who don’t require a CDL but who haul enough weight to require a DOT exam.
- DOT drug and alcohol testing: A basic DOT exam does not include drug and alcohol testing, but it can be performed at the same time as your regular exam if it’s required by your company. Drug and alcohol testing requires a separate test and is not included in the cost of a basic DOT exam.
- Pain management: We’ve seen lots of repetitive strain injuries in the drivers that have come through our clinic. On top of DOT exams for drivers, we also offer regular chiropractic services to help relieve pain in your back, neck, shoulders, hips, and legs.
- Appointments: Due to the time needed to complete a DOT physical, we require appointments be scheduled. This is to ensure your valuable time isn’t wasted and a dedicated time is allotted to you.
What to Expect During Your DOT Exam
A DOT exam is a simple and hassle-free three-step process that involves taking your medical history, performing the exam, and filling out all the necessary paperwork.
Step One: Medical History
To provide an idea of your general health and family background, you'll be asked to detail your medical history with the doctor, going through past and any current illnesses, diseases that run in your family, and your overall health, including a complete list of any current prescriptions.
Step Two: The Exam
This portion includes a basic urinalysis test along with all of the required elements of the physical exam.
Step Three: Paperwork
The final step in the process is the paperwork. Once your medical history and exam are complete, the doctor will fill out all the necessary paperwork to process the exam results. When you leave the office, you'll get a copy of the exam, along with a laminated medical examiner’s certificate to take with you.
Note: If you need a copy of the DOT exam faxed to your company, please have the fax number handy.
Preparing for Your Physical
A DOT physical at Romanie Health Services takes about 30 minutes. We accept cash, all major credit cards, and company checks. To prepare for the exam, compile all your medical records, put together a list of any medical conditions you’ve been diagnosed with, prepare a list of medications and the name of the prescribing doctor, and take note of any medical devices that you require.
On the day of the exam, you'll have to bring all of this with you. Here's a checklist of things you should bring (where applicable):
- Photo identification
- Medical records
- List of medications, including strength and dosage, for both prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Hearing aids
- Copy of your most recent stress test (for heart conditions)
- Copy of your latest sleep test result (for sleep apnea)
- Contact information, including names, phone numbers, and fax numbers for all your doctors
Right before your exam: Make sure you drink a glass of water and come in with a full bladder, as you will have to provide a urine sample.
Feel free to call Romanie Health Services any time during office hours to book an appointment for a DOT physical, a drug and alcohol test, or a regular adjustment.
8:00am - 6:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday
Please call for an appointment for
DOT Physicals & Drug Screens